CDHA National Conference 2019 Newfoundland & Labrador
Time & Location
About the Event
Making White Spot Lesions a Thing of Orthodontic Past!
Thursday, October 3 | 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Sponsored by 3M
White spot lesions are a dental professional’s worst nightmare! Between 40% and 70% of orthodontic clients ultimately develop white spot lesions following orthodontic treatment. During this course we will discuss effective identification tools, preventive measures, and management options available to you. Learn some tricks to enhance your dental hygiene appointments with clients with fixed and removable appliances, as well as your discussions of home care recommendations for the orthodontically compromised client. You will work through case types to identify what techniques will work best for biofilm removal, look at different available technologies, and ultimately feel more confident treating this challenging condition.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify nutritional factors linked to poor nutrition and the caries process
- Discuss oral hygiene education techniques to prevent the proliferation of cariogenic oral pathogens
- Implement caries reduction strategies
- Present therapeutic choices to clients and caregivers during orthodontic treatment
- Identify technologies available for biofilm removal
- Describe short- and long-term solutions for remineralization